The RSE holds free educational events for schools throughout Scotland. These are primarily delivered through our [email protected] Schools Talks programme.
All of these talks are presented by internationally recognised experts, keen to enthuse and excite students from school years P6 – S6 on a wide range of subjects, including:
Culture and the arts
Our talks are delivered by 21 inspirational experts who are willing to work with teachers to tailor their talks to fit with class curriculums and for different age groups and class sizes. In addition, many are keen to adapt their talks for Continuing Professional Development events for teachers too.
Our speakers include:
- Dr Oluwasesan Adegoke, Baxter Fellow in Forensic Chemistry at the University of Dundee
- Dr Pam Anderson, Head of Institutional Engagement at AAC Clyde Space
- Professor Alan Gow, Lab Director of The Ageing Lab
- Professor Francisca Mutapi FRSE, Winner of the University of Edinburgh Chancellor’s Award for Impact 2017
- Professor Antonella Sorace FRSE, Director of Bilingualism Matters
In 2020, we offered a choice of 43 talks covering the Curriculum for Excellence strands including; Sciences, Technologies, Social Studies, Health and Wellbeing, Expressive Arts, Mathematics and Languages.
All of our talks are free to primary and secondary schools from P6 to S6. The RSE will cover all speakers’ costs, including travel and accommodation. All the school needs to provide is a venue for the talk and, of course, the audience!
Get in touch
View and download our full [email protected] Schools brochure to find out more, or get in touch with us using the contact form below.