The RSE is excited to embark on a new partnership with The Edinburgh Catering Company, as our food and hospitality partner. This partnership extends beyond a catering service; it’s a fusion of creativity, quality, and shared values. Together we’ll strive to ensure everyone who attends an event here feels truly welcome.
Culinary offerings play a vital role in shaping guests’ experiences, we are eager to co-create a modern and inventive catering service tailored to your event’s unique character. With the operation running from Edinburgh, our chefs use only the best ingredients from fantastic suppliers across Scotland and beyond – we serve coffee Santu, roasted in Edinburgh and ground daily by us, or sip on tea from Brodies of Edinburgh.
At the core of this partnership is a team of dedicated professionals boasting a wealth of hospitality experience. Committed to ensuring the seamless execution of your event, our staff stands ready to provide unparalleled service. The environment and sustainability are key drivers for us, so please don’t hesitate to ask how we can take this into consideration while planning your event.
Whether your event is an intimate gathering or a grand conference, rest assured of an exceptional experience characterised by outstanding service and quality cuisine.
Browse our dynamic menu, to reflect seasonal and local produce, which can also be customised to suit your specific preferences and requirements.
For more information or to discuss your requirements, contact our team: [email protected].
Explore our sample menus:
TECC at RSE – Canapés sample menu (PDF, 537KB)
TECC at RSE – Premium private dining sample menu (PDF, 732KB)
TECC at RSE – Private Dining sample menu (PDF, 818KB)
TECC at RSE – Sandwich sample menu (PDF, 2MB)
Staying in the area
We have corporate rates agreements with the following hotels, ask for the Royal Society of Edinburgh corporate rate when booking:
|Mode Edinburgh||74–77 Queen Street|
|Mode Edinburgh||Tel: 0131 357 6500|
Email: Geeta Wilcox
|InterContinental Edinburgh — The George||19–21 George Street|
|InterContinental Edinburgh||Tel: 0131 225 1251|
Email: Edinburgh Reservations
|Apex Waterloo Place||23–27 Waterloo Place|
|Apex Waterloo Place||Tel: 0131 441 0485|
Email: Sarah-Jane Smith
|Eden Locke||127 George Street|
|Eden Locke||Tel: 0131 526 4190|
Email: Eden bookings
|Le Monde||16 George Street|
|Le Monde||Tel: 0131 270 3900|
|Angel’s Share||7–11 Hope Street|
|Angel’s Share||Tel: 0131 247 7000|
Visitors’ advice and guidance
All visitors must be registered at either their event registration desk or by signing in at the RSE Reception. The event register will be required should we need to evacuate the building. Those signing in at the RSE Reception must sign out again when leaving the premises.
Please note the RSE is not responsible for any belongings left unattended or in the cloakroom, items are left at the delegates own risk.
In order to prevent the spread of Covid-19 we kindly encourage attendees to use the hand sanitisers provided at the RSE venue. If you would like to wear a face mask, please feel comfortable to do so at our events. Please be mindful of other participants and stay at home if you have Covid symptoms or have tested positive for Covid-19.
Health and safety
All visitors are required to comply with the RSE Health and Safety policy. The RSE Health & Safety Manual containing this policy is available at the RSE Reception.
For first aid assistance contact the RSE Reception who will summon one of our first aid team to assist. An accident book is located at the RSE Reception and should be completed for each incident, no matter how minor.
It is the responsibility of event organisers and chairpersons of meetings to alert us of any access needs and ensure that the needs of visitors with a disability are met. We have the following facilities available for visitors with access needs:
Wheelchair access with or without assistance
- A ramped access for wheelchair users is at 26 George Street. Please ring the bell to alert Reception to your presence or, alternatively, ring 0131 240 5000 for help if needed.
- The ramp is accessible all day and on nights of events.
- If you have mobility impairment difficulties but are able to go up some steps, the building’s main entrance is via 22 George Street. Rails are available on both sides of the staircase (5 steps).
- The main passenger lift accommodates a powered wheelchair which will enable access to most Society Rooms. Visitors using smaller wheelchairs can also gain access to the Kelvin and Wellcome West rooms via the smaller lift.
- If your wheelchair is any wider than 76cm please contact the front of house manager for further guidance on access/dimensions in the building
- The RSE has its own wheelchair which delegates can use when appropriate i.e. in the case that a person’s wheelchair is too wide we can offer the choice to be transferred to the RSE wheelchair.
- Should you wish to transfer from your wheelchair into a standard seat, please do let us know.
- All rooms in the building are wheelchair accessible with the exception of the Lower Gallery.
- A unisex disabled toilet is available on the Ground Floor, beside the main lift.
- There is no disabled parking space available on George Street, but taxis and cars may pull and park for a short period of time in front of the entrance of the building.
Facilities for people with visual impairment
Guide dogs are welcome throughout the building. Seats are normally not allocated but if you attend an event in the Lecture Theatre and wish to sit at the aisle, please contact us for provisions to be made.
Facilities for people with hearing impairment
- An Induction loop is fitted in the Lecture theatre and Reception. Please remember to use the “T” switch on hearing aids.
- We will take all reasonable steps to provide additional facilities and help if required. When required, please contact RSE staff through RSE Reception.