Following a hiatus during Covid-19 restrictions, we are pleased to announce the Cross Party Group on Science and Technology are reconvening on Tuesday 7 September.
The theme of the meeting is climate change mitigation technologies in the context of COP26 and will feature six short presentations on a range of technologies and how they are contributing to mitigating the impacts of climate change. Following these presentations, there will be the opportunity for a more substantive discussion of the technologies mentioned, and any cross-cutting issues/ideas raised.
The presentations will be held by:
- Simon Andrews, Fraunhofer UK presenting on Wind Farms;
- Tim Hurst, Wave Energy Scotland presenting on Wave Energy;
- Professor Derek Stewart, James Hutton Institute presenting on Vertical Farming;
- Professor Zoe Shipton FRSE, University of Strathclyde presenting on The Role of the Subsurface in Reaching Net Zero;
- Professor Bill Sloan FRSE, Glasgow University presenting on Water Treatment Technologies;
- Clare Reid, SCDI presenting on Climate Tech – Innovation Critical Report;