- Full-time (35 hours/week)
- Hybrid working
- £33,840 per annum;
- Closing date Thursday 7 July
If you’re passionate about developing and delivering projects with international partners and are adept at networking and nurturing relationships, this is the role you have been looking for.
The RSE is looking for an International Officer to join the International Relations team, working closely with Research Awards and the RSE Vice President – International to support and deliver research and innovation-led collaboration activities to promote Scotland’s research and innovation.
As Scotland’s National Academy with over 1,800 Fellows from academia, business and public service who are among the most distinguished in their fields; we engage and connect nationally and internationally to share knowledge and tackle the most pressing challenges of the modern world.
We are looking for a talented individual to:
- Ensure continued international relationships with partners and networks by effective nurturing and networking
- Work closely with the International Relations/ Research Awards Manager and the RSE Vice President – International
- Develop and support implementation plans for relevant international projects such as workshops, roundtable meetings, related events, and new partnerships
- Provide secretariat support for the International Committee and Africa Working Group
- Organise the RSE’s response to academic-related International Human Rights case alerts and related international responses to UK Government and/ or Scottish Government inquiries
- Assess and evaluate the impact information of international activities
- Work closely with the Communications team to ensure promotion of activities in an international context, ensuring that the RSE website is up to date
- Responsible for ensuring the International CRM records are kept up to date
- Able to commit to occasional travel within the UK and internationally
If you live and breathe international and working with our Fellowship appeals, if you have good experience in networking and project team working, adept diplomacy skills, if you have knowledge of the Scottish University and Research Sector, and work well as part of a supportive, dynamic team; then we want to hear from you. A second language would be advantageous, but not essential.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected] along with a cover letter detailing why you are applying. The letter should demonstrate how your knowledge and experience matches the job description and what you can bring to the RSE.
The RSE requires that you have the right to work in the UK. We do not currently offer Visa Sponsorship.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 7 July 2022.