RSE Saltire Research Excellence Fellowships
- 12/07/2021 12:00 pm
Salary up to £75,000 plus research costs of £10,000 per year
The Royal Society of Edinburgh, in collaboration with the Scottish Funding Council and the Scottish Government, is pleased to invite applications for the RSE saltire early career Fellowships.
The purpose of the RSE saltire research excellence Fellowships is to foster and support the exchange of internationally renowned academics between Scottish and European universities or research institutes that they should deliver transformative research in their chosen field and enhance research excellence and capacity within the participating departments. Funding will create the opportunity for academics to pursue original work away from the demands of teaching and/or administration and to work with colleagues in their “temporary host” department to address key research challenges.
Senior-career definition: academics who are normally beyond 15 years from the award of their doctorate. This terminology takes no account of either an applicant’s age or current status in determining eligibility for this award. This does not include career breaks.
LATEST RSE Saltire research award news
- Open to senior career internationally recognised academics of all disciplines. This terminology takes no account either of an applicant’s age or current status (e.g., Professor, Lecturer) in determining eligibility for this award.
- Open to academics based in Scotland or an EU country (see general terms and conditions for definitions of country eligibility ). Applicants must identify an exchange partner(s) from an EU country (Scottish applicants) or Scotland (EU applicants).
- Open to applicants who are a full or part-time academic in any discipline and are tenured and/or salaried staff of a Higher Education Institution or Research Institute or Cultural Institution in Scotland or an EU country.
- Applicants on short or fixed-term contracts should ensure their contracts extend for at least three months after the end of the proposed project.
- Upon appointment, awardees will be required to devote themselves full time to the research project specified in the application form.
- An application will not be considered if a report on a previous RSE grant is overdue
- Applicants are required to pursue their research in a Higher Education Institution (HEI), Research Institute (RI) or Cultural Institution in Scotland or EU country; only these are acceptable as host and participating institutions.
- The research can be in any academic discipline.
The funding will open for applications from Monday 28 June 2021; applicants are required to:
- Optional: Download an offline version of the RSE saltire research excellence Fellowships application form. This can be used for reference for the online application opening on Monday 28 June. Please note if you choose to fill out this form you will be able to copy and paste the details into the final application.
- Create a profile on the RSE CiviCRM, or log in using your existing details
- From Monday 28 June, you can access the online application.
- Complete the details to submit your online application form by Monday 12 July, 12:00
- Upload as part of the online form a statement of support from your head of department and an institutional statement of support and if you are undertaking your research at a different institution to the one from where you are usually employed a statement of support from that institution.
- Arrange for two referee forms to be sent to the RSE [email protected] by Monday 12 July 2021, 12:00. These are available to download from the resources below.
- Successful applications should have a start date between Wednesday 1 September 2021- Tuesday 31 March 2022
RESOURCES FOR APPLICANTS
Register on RSE CiviCRM to apply
RSE saltire research award referee form (Doc, 41.4kb)
For more information regarding the award, please contact the Research Awards team on [email protected].