Research Re-boot (Covid-19 Impact) Research Grants
- 03/03/2021 12:00 pm
The Royal Society of Edinburgh (RSE), with the support of the Scottish Funding Council, is pleased to invite applications for a limited number of RSE research re-boot (Covid-19 impact) research grants.
The RSE Research Re-boot (Covid-19 impact) Research Grants are to support those academics impacted by Covid-19, and who are experiencing reduced capacity to carry out research, publish and/or submit research proposals. This call provides financial support for core research time and consumables as needed for academics who are facing disadvantage and inequality due to Covid-19.
- To provide financial support for core research time and consumables as needed for academics who are facing disadvantage and inequality due to Covid-19.
- To enable Covid-19-impacted academics to restart research of their choice that has had to be in abeyance since March 2020, kick-start new work or complete pre-existing work
- To embed successful applicants within a unique RSE-enabled peer-support network which will meet online c3 times during the duration of the Award period.
While open to anyone whose academic productivity has been adversely impacted by Covid-19, we particularly encourage applicants from one or more of the following groups, whom evidence shows have been disproportionately impacted by Covid-19:
- Those who have taken on caring responsibilities due to Covid-19;
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME);
- and/or Early Career Researchers (ECR).
Awards will be open to all disciplines, all career stages and all HEIs in Scotland.
The funding will open for applications from 3 February 2021, applicants are required to:
- Create a profile on the RSE CiviCRM, or log in using your existing details
- Once into your personal profile, access the online application
- Complete the details on the online application form.
- Upload as part of the online form a completed copy of application form (See ‘Resources for applicants’)
- Upload as part of the online form a statement of support from your institution
- If you have a co-applicant, upload a letter of support as part of the online form
- Arrange for two referees’ letters of support, to be sent directly to: [email protected] by 3 March 2021 at 12 noon.
Resources for applicants
RSE Research Re-boot (Covid-19 Impact) Research Grant application form (Doc, 120kb)
View RSE GDPR Applicant Privacy Notice (PDF, 26kb)
Register on RSE CiviCRM to apply
Access the online application on RSE CiviCRM
For more information regarding the award, please contact the Research Awards team on [email protected].