The RSE’s interests in economy and enterprise are informed by its standing committee of the same name. Its broad membership seeks to facilitate meaningful knowledge exchange between academia and industry and to enhance Scotland’s economic performance.
The Economy and Enterprise committee has identified the three E’s as the cornerstones of improved economic well-being:
The committee actively monitors relevant calls for evidence. It draws on its expertise to prepare advice papers, including recent submissions:
Other areas of work for the committee include:
- Looking ahead, the committee is scoping a piece of work on the economic contributions of the third sector and will continue activities aimed at stimulating the Scottish investment ecosystem.
- Support for the RSE’s Enterprise Fellowship scheme that enables budding entrepreneurs to commercialise promising research and build thriving businesses.
- Scoping work on a new project that centres on rural communities in Scotland, specifically focusing on enhancing the benefits of energy generation within these communities.
Professor Jeremy Peat OBE FRSE, Vice President, Economy and Enterprise
We are exceptionally well-placed to provide constructive and highly informed commentary and advice to decision-makers.
Opportunities for Fellows
- Contribute to advice papers or other working groups which centre on economic issues
- Membership of the Economy and Enterprise Committee (refreshes yearly, a call for expressions of interest is issued to all fellows in due course)
- Participate as chair, speaker, or attendee to EEC activities such as roundtables, workshops or other events
To get involved, contact our team at [email protected].