The remit of the Diversity and Skills Panel is to oversee and support the recruitment of office bearers and committee members and processes for committee effectiveness. Minutes of meetings will be circulated with Council papers for information and discussion as required.
In performing this role, the panel will have regard to best practice for academies, and for charities promulgated by OSCR, to current legislation and to advice relating to corporate governance.
- Advising Council on the election of Council and committees with regard to diversity and skills.
- Providing support and advice to encourage a wide range of candidates, reviewing and agreeing transparent and objective policies and processes for diversity and skills among candidates.
- Ensuring that election processes encourage a diversity of candidates.
- Considering any other business as may be brought to it from time to time by Council.
- Meeting frequency/purpose: At least two times a year or as business dictates
- Secretariat: TBC
- Membership: 6-8 Members, none of whom are members of Council.
- Committee quorum: At least three members must attend meetings.
- Delegated budgetary responsibility: None.
- Reports to: RSE Council